[arch-dev-public] firefox 2.0.0.7 package

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 20 04:04:40 EDT 2007

I am in rant mood again. namcap exists and I think whoever rebuilt
firefox has read
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2007-September/001644.html

Yet, firefox still depends on gcc instead of gcc-libs. The goal is to
get rid of the gcc dependency, so when a big package is rebuilt, it is a
good idea to check if such changes should be applied, as nobody will
rebuild them "just for fun".

We have been encouraged by Aaron to communicate more, and I think we did
in the last couple of days, but this doesn't mean anything if we just
ignore what we read.