[arch-dev-public] Additional Package ISOs [was Xorg in extra]

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:12:46 EDT 2007

On 9/20/07, JJDaNiMoTh <jjdanimoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that this isn't the right place, but I try.
> What about people without a DSL connection?
> They can download core isos ( that are more frequently released ) from university or
> at work, it's right.. but how they can download all the packages in /extra?
> Have we a plain for these situation (like a iso with-all, using a dvd)?
>
> Excuse me if this was recently discussed. Links are appreciated :D

This was discussed, but it wasn't covered in a public manner all that well.

The rough plan, at this point, would be to create *additional* ISOs
with sets of packages. This was suggested around the proverbial water
cooler, but was never really laid out all that well.

Here's what I see, and I will bring this up with the rest of the
developers, to see what they think, but I do agree it is something we
didn't fully address before doing this.

I personally feel we could make one or two addon disks which JUST have
packages for people to download. Or, alternatively, throw some scripts
out there so people can make a package iso simply... or hell, even
both.

What do the rest of the devs think?