[arch-dev-public] Next package cleanup [was next major steps have to be planned]

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:17:11 EDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> > 4) So we need to revisit, once again, the package cleanup that I had
> > started months ago. Eric, you were helpful last time - would you be ok
> > with figuring out the details of another round of cleanup?
>
> Sure. I already have a few names in my mind because a while ago I tried
> porting packages to x86_64 and came across several ones where the sources
> were missing or that were dead projects. I'll also check again the wiki
> list and the orphaned packages in the repo.
>
> Before removing anything, I'll post the list of candidates for removal
> here with a short reason for the removal to inform you and give an
> occasion to contest the removal of a package.

Great, thanks a lot! The last time, we had a lot of success with a
public wiki and getting the userbase involved. Do you think that's
still appropriate until we winnow the packages to a more concrete set?
Or should we stick to internal at this time and get rid of packages
with incompatibilities and the like?

-- Aaron