[arch-dev-public] commiting arch-independend pkgs to both repos at the same time

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Tue Sep 25 10:34:15 EDT 2007

Damir Perisa wrote:
> weird idea, but i'm putting it here anyway:
>
> some pkgs are arch-independend (e.g. fonts). they can actually be
> built and commited to i686 and x86_64 at the same time, since the
> bindiff of the pkg is nonexistant.
>
> any chance to have this in devtools implemented? or generally asked:
> do you like the idea?
>
> the main advantage is, that this pkgs need to be uploaded only once
> (and then just copied to the other staging dir)
>
> - D

I would love it. Especially when I think about how painful it is to
build all koffice-l10n just once already. Would be nice to be able to
build them for all at once and upload only once too. :)

There's a few other things that could benefit, basically most of what's
in i18n for example or if ever we come up with a extra/doc.

Cheers,

-F