[arch-dev-public] Architecture Independent Packages

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 14:14:11 EDT 2007

This was brought up in a previous thread started by Damir, regarding
committing a package to more than one repo at a time.

I think it'd be more beneficial for us to split of architecture
independent packages, just to eliminate redundancy. Python modules,
scripts, etc they'd all fit here.

Does anyone have an opinion on the matter? I think adding a
arch=(none) or arch=(all) setup would be a good idea, BUT there might
be a lot of other things that need to be changed.

For instance, pacman doesn't handle this case right now, we'd need
code in there, etc

Please discuss, I haven't put much thought into it.

Thanks,
Aaron