[arch-dev-public] SR 2007-09-24 * Dashboard update to modern Arch

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 13:03:56 EDT 2007

On 9/25/07, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa at solnet.ch> wrote:
> instead of having one maintainer for pkgs per arch, why not
> have/assign two? what i mean is:
>
> pkg XY
> i686: name 1, name 2
> x86_64: name 3, name 4

It's the same concept. From a "software architect" perspective, if we
design it simply so we could have as many maintainers we want, it will
be better in the long run. We can artificially enforce a two person
limit ourselves, if we want to do that.

> in most of the cases, this is not filled and one name is standing
> behind both archs... but in some cases, it may be helpful and is also
> giving credit. :)

I just have a feeling that setting a limit of 2 seems artificial, BUT,
as I said, we can discuss that later, but the code shouldn't limit it
to 2, that's just silly.