[arch-dev-public] pending devtools issues

Fri Sep 28 15:33:15 EDT 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On 9/28/07, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
>> Whenever I had tried out the devtools I had these issues:
>> - I always set a certain pkgdest in makepkg.conf. So (old and)
>> new packages are stored centralized. This breaks checkpkg and
>> {foo-repo}pkg as they expect old and new pkg in the current directory.
>> Correct me if I missed any option to solve that.
> I *think* Thomas may have fixed this recently, but I will check. It's
> definitely very easy to fix if not.

Now that I think about it, there another problem with checkpkg. It doesn't
work when you use a server that requires a username/password, such as
gerolde, for your repo in pacman.conf.  The username/password gets
stripped from the url by the script and, not surprisingly,  you are denied
access from the server.