[arch-dev-public] Additional Package ISOs

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 10:19:14 EDT 2007

2007/9/29, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa at solnet.ch>:
> Saturday 29 September 2007, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
>  | Why should we have to release such ISO daily?
>
> we do not have to. but who would like to download 4gb of data and then
> to find out that 1/4 of it needs an update in the meanwhile anyway,
> since it is old on the ISO.

Come on, not 1/4 in reality. ;-)

> the difference between the big iso and the repos will grow faster than
> the one of a small iso and the repos - that's the nature of things.

Yes, but again - in real situations users were happy with a repo
snapshot and have no big issues with downloading some missing packages
(because of some broken/outofsync depends etc.).

I'm getting tired of such discussions...
I think we should let Thomas do an implementation of this and see how it works.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)