[arch-dev-public] Additional Package ISOs

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Sat Sep 29 10:37:20 EDT 2007

Saturday 29 September 2007, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
 | 2007/9/29, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa at solnet.ch>:
 | > Saturday 29 September 2007, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
 | >  | Why should we have to release such ISO daily?
 | >
 | > we do not have to. but who would like to download 4gb of data
 | > and then to find out that 1/4 of it needs an update in the
 | > meanwhile anyway, since it is old on the ISO.
 |
 | Come on, not 1/4 in reality. ;-)

rough estimate of amount of updates in 4 months

 | > the difference between the big iso and the repos will grow
 | > faster than the one of a small iso and the repos - that's the
 | > nature of things.
 |
 | Yes, but again - in real situations users were happy with a repo
 | snapshot and have no big issues with downloading some missing
 | packages (because of some broken/outofsync depends etc.).

my argument is not about missing packages but outdatedness and the
speed of it. it is no argument in a discussion but a statement, that
any big iso would become faster outdated than a smaller one.

 | I'm getting tired of such discussions...
 | I think we should let Thomas do an implementation of this and see
 | how it works.

i'm not holding him from implementing anything. if it itches,
scratch :)  that's the way things work here i heard some wise guy
write... ;)

... i'm not discussing anything, i'm just giving input somebody may
find helpful, somebody may care to see this point of view.

- D

--
                  <º)))><