[arch-dev-public] pending devtools issues

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Fri Sep 28 15:12:47 EDT 2007

Whenever I had tried out the devtools I had these issues:

- I always set a certain pkgdest in makepkg.conf. So (old and)
new packages are stored centralized. This breaks checkpkg and
{foo-repo}pkg as they expect old and new pkg in the current directory.
Correct me if I missed any option to solve that.

- As I only have poor bandwidth and like to keep working while
down-/uploading I want to have a bandwidth-limit option for
filetransfer. At least for uploading. Afaik the scripts use scp. Man
scp tells me there's -l limit - Limits the used bandwidth, specified in Kbit/s.

Yes I like the idea to "force" all devs using devtools to reduce
unneeded mistakes and issues. Forcing us with an integrated namcap
run is something I would like to see. But we should still be able to do
everything by hand. There always might appear some reason why the tools
get broken and we need to fix something manually.

Andy