[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:05:50 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 8. April 2008 23:17:38 schrieb Jason Chu:
>
> > If you're moving a package from testing to extra, usually an "archrelease
>  > extra" is all you need from the trunk directory.  You do *not* need to
>  > upload the package again.
>
>  So the package itself is moved by the db-scritps then? And there is no need to
>  move arround file in /home/ftp manually or put anything in our staging dirs?

No no, nothing is actually done yet. Everything else is exactly the
same as it always has been.

For reference:
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-February/004556.html

What I am _planning_ on doing is do it all this way:
New package in non-testing repo
Package is in testing, and vercmp says it's older
   Delete SVN entry for testing
   Remove from testing DB
   Delete package file

All this would be part of running the DB scripts on gerolde but it is
not done yet. Right now it is exactly the same process as it has
always been