[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Mon Apr 14 22:40:37 EDT 2008

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Jason Chu wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 09:04:44PM +0200, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, 8. April 2008 20:44:38 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>>> There was a question about moving something from testing to extra.
>>>
>>> Originally, the package was submitted with "testingpkg" which creates
>>> pkgname/repos/testing-$arch and uploads. Now, to release to extra, we
>>> run extrapkg to create pkgname/repos/extra-$arch and upload. Easy as
>>> pie.
>>>
>>> Removing from testing would be as simple as:
>>> svn rm -f pkgname/repos/testing-$arch
>>>
>>> Now.... head's up: I will be partially implementing the move on the
>>> dbscripts side. That is, if a package being uploaded to extra is in
>>> testing, it will do all the removal from the DB and that fun stuff...
>>> I don't know if I will remove it from svn or not, but I always
>>> could...
>>
>> No idea if I got this right, but this way we have to upload the package twice?
>> (OK, if this is the case I could update my testing2extra script which runs on
>> gerolde anyway; so in fact it would be a local copy)
>
> Oh, I see what you're saying.  I'll make an amendment to Aaron's comment.
> If you're moving a package from testing to extra, usually an "archrelease
> extra" is all you need from the trunk directory.  You do *not* need to
> upload the package again.
>
> Jason

I tried to move bmpx from testing to extra but it doesn't work.  First,
the '-f' switch doesn't it's '--force'. I ran 'archrelease extra' in the
trunk directory then did the package move  and db-script on gerolde but it
only removed the testing package. The  package in extra is still at the
old version. It seems that the command should be 'archrelease
extra-$arch'. Is that correct? I tried that then ran the db-script after copying the package to my staging
dir but it doesn't work.  Can someone fix this and clarify the process?

I also tried to update firefox3 for unstable x86_64. When running
unstablepkg I got:
$ unstablepkg
firefox3-3.0b5-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
100%   11MB  91.1KB/s   02:03
File integrity okay.
===> Uploaded firefox3-3.0b5-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
===> Commited with "upgpkg: firefox3 3.0b5-1" message
~/svnroot/firefox3 ~/svnroot/firefox3/trunk
Nothing to commit
~/svnroot/firefox3/trunk
===> Tagged for unstable-x86_64

The package was uploaded to my staging directory and I ran the db script.
>From the output there was no error but the package is not in the repo.
This has happened a couple of time. Am I trying to update packages that
have already been uploaded to another dev staging dir? Or is there another
problem.

Thanks.

believed to be clean.