[arch-dev-public] Imagemagick rebuild in [testing]

Sat Apr 12 12:31:19 EDT 2008

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

> Hi,
> I just uploaded an imagemagick package in testing that will require a rebuilt
> of the apps that links to its libs because the libraries names have changed.
> From imagemagick ChangeLog:
>  * New Unix/Linux refactoring (should be transparent since changes are
>    reflected in Magick-config and ImageMagick.pc pkg-config files):
>      /usr/local/include => /usr/local/include/ImageMagick
>      libMagick => libMagickCore
>      libWand => libMagickWand
>      Magick-config (deprecated) => MagickCore-config
>      Wand-config (deprecated) => MagickWand-config
>      Add Magick++-config, MagickCore.pc, MagickWand.pc, Magick++.pc
> The package that needs to be rebuilt are:
> dvdauthor
> inkscape
> koffice
> labplot
> libavg
> libfprint
> psiconv (already done)
> pstoedit
> transcode
> vips
> vips-devel
> xine-lib
> To get the list above, I've installed all packages that had imagemagick as a
> (make)depends then ran lddd to see which ones needed to be rebuilt. It might
> be worth it to to that for future rebuilds.  If someone with mysql access
> would do a todo list for the above, I'll appreciate.  I could always do some
> of these rebuilds if some of you are overwhelmed by work.
> Eric

To get things going, I'll start some of these rebuilds. If you plan to
rebuild your package this week-end or if you have already rebuilt package
on your local machine and were waiting for the cvs->svn move, let me know.
Locally, I have packages for labplot, pstoedit and vips. I'm working on
koffice which will need to be patched for gcc 4.3