[arch-dev-public] [Draft] ABS announcement

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Sat Apr 12 15:25:11 EDT 2008

May as well tell the people what's happening with ABS.  Here's an
announcement draft:

-----------8<-----------------8<--------
ABS 2.0 In Testing

With version 2, ABS has moved to an rsync method for pulling the ABS
tree, as part of the changes that needed to be made for our internal
move from CVS to SVN as our source control mechanism.  This means a
few things:

1) cvsup/csup are no longer required
2) /etc/abs/supfile.* are no longer required
3) Anyone opening ports for use with ABS will now need to open port
837, the rsync port

Also, since category information (ie. base, devel, editors) is no
longer stored in the repo, makeworld has been updated - check
makeworld -h for more info.