[arch-dev-public] New extra/unstable package: compat-wireless

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Apr 19 14:19:54 EDT 2008

Pierre Schmitz schrieb:
> What is the benefit of this driver package? They are just the latest
> development snapshot, right?

Yes, features, better drivers, less bugs, I think people like stable
wireless. And right now, the wireless development is going on so fast
that the stock kernel is too far behind for many users.

> I think it would be best to put it into AUR, so
> people who want to test latest drivers could easily build their own package.

It isn't in AUR yet, but I like it more as a binary package.

> But if you really want to provide binary packages, you should put them into
> [unstable].

I could do that. But as mentioned before, I'd prefer unstable. Let's
wait and see how many devs agree with you.