[arch-dev-public] testing ->core/extra movement instructions?

Mon Apr 21 12:35:39 EDT 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>>> It should be exactly the same as it always ways, except instead of CVS
>>> tags, we're using "archrelease" and "svn rm" (or archrm, which does
>>> very little)
>>>
>>> In essence:
>>>  cd graphviz/trunk
>>>  archrelease extra-i686 (or run extrapkg to do this and the scp upload)
>>>  cd ../repos/
>>>  svn rm testing-i686
>>>
>>> Then you need to do the db-script side exactly as we always have done
>>> it: both db-testing and db-extra need to be run, with a package in
>>> $STAGING/add and one in $STAGING/del
>>>
>>> Pierre's testing2extra script should do all this - but I have not used
>>> it myself.
>>>
>>> Jan, did you attempt to do it manually, or use the script?
>>>

>>  It doesn't seem to work:
>>
>>  PWD: ~/svnroot/bmpx/trunk
>>  48 eric at Erix $ archrelease   extra-i686
>>  UG   ../repos/extra-i686/PKGBUILD
>>
>>  property 'svnmerge-integrated' set on '../repos/extra-i686'
>>
>>  ~/svnroot/bmpx ~/svnroot/bmpx/trunk
>>  Sending        repos/extra-i686
>>
>>  Committed revision 547.
>>  ~/svnroot/bmpx/trunk
>
> I'm unclear on what you mean. Which part doesn't work? It appears to
> have released for extra-i686 just fine:
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~aaron/svn/viewvc/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi/bmpx/repos/
>
> Which part of this is failing?

The PKGBUILD in bmpx/repos/extra-i686 is still the old one with pkgrel=1
instead of being replaced by the one in the trunk at pkgrel=2 (which was
previously in testing).  Plus the gcc and libsoup patches that are applied
to pkgrel=2 in the trunk were not copied to extra-i686.  It's like if
running 'archrelease extra-i686' didn't updated the files in extra-i686 at
all. That's probably the reason why running the db script on gerolde
doesn't update the db properly.

believed to be clean.