[arch-dev-public] testing ->core/extra movement instructions?

Wed Apr 23 00:57:01 EDT 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM, Eric Belanger
>> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>>>  It doesn't seem to work:
>>>
>>>  PWD: ~/svnroot/bmpx/trunk
>>>  48 eric at Erix $ archrelease   extra-i686
>>>  UG   ../repos/extra-i686/PKGBUILD
>>>
>>>  property 'svnmerge-integrated' set on '../repos/extra-i686'
>>>
>>>  ~/svnroot/bmpx ~/svnroot/bmpx/trunk
>>>  Sending        repos/extra-i686
>>>
>>>  Committed revision 547.
>>>  ~/svnroot/bmpx/trunk
>>
>> I'm unclear on what you mean. Which part doesn't work? It appears to
>> have released for extra-i686 just fine:
>> http://dev.archlinux.org/~aaron/svn/viewvc/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi/bmpx/repos/
>>
>> Which part of this is failing?
>>

> The PKGBUILD in bmpx/repos/extra-i686 is still the old one with pkgrel=1
> instead of being replaced by the one in the trunk at pkgrel=2 (which was
> previously in testing).  Plus the gcc and libsoup patches that are applied to
> pkgrel=2 in the trunk were not copied to extra-i686.  It's like if running
> 'archrelease extra-i686' didn't updated the files in extra-i686 at all.
> That's probably the reason why running the db script on gerolde doesn't
> update the db properly.

I just moved the imagemagick rebuilds from testing to extra. Except for 2
packages, the steps you posted above works. BTW, 'svn commit' must be run
after removing the 'svn rm testing-i686'.  My guess is that the failures
are due to the properties that were set when moving the repos to svn
(details in Jason's explanation in the 'Database breakage thread')..

believed to be clean.