[arch-dev-public] CVS links in AUR?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Apr 26 14:55:50 EDT 2008

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>>  Issues right now:
>>  1) There is no public SVN checkout method yet
>
> I sent you a personal email about getting rid of the autowifi svn repo
> so we could repurpose the public svn stuff. Until you give me the
> go-ahead on that, this can't happen.

I replied you on jabber that day, thought you saw that (as you replied).
I have no problem with autowifi in git, I would actually prefer it. But
I have no idea how to convert it properly, as the conversion tool iirc
responds badly to missing trunk/ directory (I had no trunk/ tags/ etc
until one of the last revisions).

>>  2) The description should reflect that we use SVN and that community uses
>> CVS (should mention where one can checkout community)
>
> Which description? In the wiki?

No, on the homepage: there is a "CVS" link leading to a site which
explains how to use CVS and check out core/extra.

>>  3) There is no web based viewing for community anymore
>
> Sure there is. repos.archlinux.org can display ALL of the old CVS repos too

I actually didn't even notice the dropdown field on the right until
right now. Anyway, the links in AUR do not point to that site.