[arch-dev-public] cleaning up games in extra

Wed Aug 13 16:49:58 EDT 2008

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, Ronald van Haren wrote:

> so I made an initial games cleanup list open for discussion.
> Please use this thread for discussion, and the wiki page[1]  to add
> comments/games to the list.
>
> Further note that most of the games have only a maintainer set for one
> architecture.

That's probably caused by the dashboard glitch that accidentally orphaned
packages a while ago.

> Two of the games are without maintainer and are only in one repo.
>
> I should add that I don't know most (if any) of the games, so it may
> be that some games are popular.
>
> Ronald
>
> [1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/~pressh/cleanup_games

It might be nice to know which ones are still working and building. I
think that the 2 games which are not in x86_64 don't build anymore.
Eventually, we'll need to rebuild them all to have the licence included in
the package. If they don't build anymore and if there are no patches/fixes
out there, it's no use to fix their licence in svn.

> On 8/9/08, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> When I was adding licenses last week I went through the games
>> category. I know we don't have a lot of games in our repo
>> (relatively), but some just seem to be there for historic purposes.
>>
>> I'll start making a list of most ancient games for you to comment on
>> which we can delete. That is, if nobody says something like 'please
>> don't remove them, I like playing old games' :)
>>
>> Ronald

believed to be clean.