[arch-dev-public] ncurses rebuilds in testing

Sun Aug 17 14:55:45 EDT 2008

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Allan McRae wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have pushed the ncurses wide-character library rebuilds for i686 to the
> [testing] repo.  There are bound to be packages I missed so it would be good
> if people run lddd and let me know if further rebuilds are needed.   Note
> libncurses.so and libcurses.so might appear to be in the package but they are
> not real libraries...  (run cat on them to see).

missing rebuilds from extra:

lftp
xine-ui
cmake
xemacs
dopewars
libqalculate
libgda
gnuplot
parted
timidity++
abiword-plugins
guile

I'm forwarding this to the AUR ML as this is a major rebuild. If you use
the testing repo and packages in community, be careful. Several community
packages (and also packages built from custom/unsupported PKGBUILD) will
break as they will need to be rebuild against the ncurses in testing. The
community packages will be rebuilt once ncurses will be moved to core.
Meanwhile, either stop using the testing repo or rebuild the packages
yourself.

believed to be clean.