[arch-dev-public] info files / documentation

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Mon Aug 25 10:57:17 EDT 2008

Am Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:43:28 -0500
schrieb "Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>
> wrote:
> > -2 fixes unwanted info directory.
>
> Don't we want to keep the info/ dir, now that we had this discussion a
> few months back? As info is the primary mode of documentation for some
> of these GNU programs, it is probably helpful when people are getting
> their system up and running if they don't yet have a net connection.
>
> -Dan

I think there was no rule decided. Afair we wanted to let it up to the
maintainer if he wants to add info files and further documentation when
he thinks it's helpful. I don't use the info command at all but could
also live with enabling all documentation. We ship headers in every
case so why not all possible content upstream developers install by
default.

Maybe we should put a clear statement into the Arch packaging standards
wiki page.

-Andy