[arch-dev-public] info files / documentation

Tue Aug 26 01:21:10 EDT 2008

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Andreas Radke wrote:

> Am Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:43:28 -0500
> schrieb "Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>
>> wrote:
>>> -2 fixes unwanted info directory.
>>
>> Don't we want to keep the info/ dir, now that we had this discussion a
>> few months back? As info is the primary mode of documentation for some
>> of these GNU programs, it is probably helpful when people are getting
>> their system up and running if they don't yet have a net connection.
>>
>> -Dan
>>

> I think there was no rule decided. Afair we wanted to let it up to the
> maintainer if he wants to add info files and further documentation when
> he thinks it's helpful. I don't use the info command at all but could
> also live with enabling all documentation. We ship headers in every
> case so why not all possible content upstream developers install by
> default.
>
> Maybe we should put a clear statement into the Arch packaging standards
> wiki page.
>
> -Andy

My understanding on this was that we include the info pages/docs. The only
exception was for the case when the documentation increase the package
size significantly like in the case of glib2. Then the maintainer can, at
his discretion, disable docs.

Eric

believed to be clean.