[arch-dev-public] Risky business: udev upgrade

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 02:27:32 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> My !pcspkr entry in the MODULES array of /etc/rc.conf was ignored.

Looks like modprobe is still called directly in
/lib/udev/rules.d/80-drivers.rules I will fix that. It should call
load-modules. Fixing and re-uploading.

> Also, I had no (wireless) internet.
>  Didn't look into this too far but the iwl3945 module had loaded.  I have
> need for internet today so I gave up there for the time being.

Odd... did you also upgrade the kernel or anything? Doesn't sound like
a udev issue if the module is loaded.

For the record, my internet has been flakey recently too, but I think
that's related to me dropping ndiswrapper for ath5k. ndiswrapper seems
to give me superior signal strength, but now that the atheros drivers
are viable for this laptop, I think I'd rather use that...

Anyway, I re-uploaded. Bumped the pkgrel, so the new i686 package is here:

https://dev.archlinux.org/~aaron/udev-126-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz