[arch-dev-public] Risky business: udev upgrade

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 19:03:35 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a bump here. I'd like to throw this in testing if someone else
> can verify I didn't make machines unbootable. When this hit's testing,
> it will require a rebuild of packages which contain udev rules (move
> from /etc/udev/rules.d/ to /lib/udev/rules.d/). When I move to
> testing, I will make a todo list for these packages

Well, I am not even sure this is a problem with udev or if I did
something wrong, but the "auto-mount feature" of gnome apparently
stopped working after this upgrade.
But the system boot fines, the external usb disk is still properly
detected is dmesg, the correct devices are created and with the proper
permissions :
brw-rw---- 1 root storage 8, 16 août 30 00:32 /dev/sdb
brw-rw---- 1 root storage 8, 17 août 30 00:32 /dev/sdb1

And I can still mount it manually just fine. Just the automatic mount
stopped working.
So I have no idea what the problem is.

Ahah, just as I finished writing this, I saw Eric reported exactly the
same. So this is just a confirmation from my side.