[arch-dev-public] Added udev-127 changes to trunk

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Sun Aug 31 09:18:00 EDT 2008

Hi guys,
Aaron already did a good job, i commited the following to trunk:

 removed migrate_udev
  -> initscripts do the job
 removed start_udev
  -> initscripts do the job
 updated readme-udev-arch.txt
  -> changed some stuff to fit to new udev handling
 removed cdrom-rules.patch
  -> cdroms are not symlinked by path so this patch is useless
 changed 80-drivers.rules to work with module blacklisting
  -> load-modules.sh doesn't support modprobing and blacklisting multiple
      modules in a line
 removed unneeded lines from 51-arch.rules
  -> since 2.6.22 the scsi help modules are autoloaded, also rtc_clock
 renamed 51-arch.rules to 81-arch.rules to not interfere with standard rules
  -> add our small changes at the end of rules cascade

The 81-arch.rules file includes:
- simple cdrom/dvd symlinking
- arch specific group settings
- symlinking devices in /dev probably coming from devfs style
  im not sure about all of them

One note about udev-127:
- Our default rules moved to /lib/udev/rules.d/ .
- /etc/udev/rules.d is also parsed for user specific udev files and will be
  loaded before the default rules.
- If you have rules with the same name, /etc/udev/rules.d/ willl be loaded and
  the system default will be ignored.

If we start moving udev to testing, we should rebuild other packages to move
the rules to the new system default directory, but it will not break anything
because the old directory is parsed too.

If you want to test udev-127 grab it from here:
http://dev.archlinux.org/~tpowa/udev/

have fun
greetings
tpowa