[arch-dev-public] Added udev-127 changes to trunk

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 16:08:12 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Aaron already did a good job, i commited the following to trunk:
>
>  removed migrate_udev
>  -> initscripts do the job
>  removed start_udev
>  -> initscripts do the job
>  updated readme-udev-arch.txt
>  -> changed some stuff to fit to new udev handling
>  removed cdrom-rules.patch
>  -> cdroms are not symlinked by path so this patch is useless
>  changed 80-drivers.rules to work with module blacklisting
>  -> load-modules.sh doesn't support modprobing and blacklisting multiple
>      modules in a line
>  removed unneeded lines from 51-arch.rules
>  -> since 2.6.22 the scsi help modules are autoloaded, also rtc_clock
>  renamed 51-arch.rules to 81-arch.rules to not interfere with standard rules
>  -> add our small changes at the end of rules cascade
>
> The 81-arch.rules file includes:
> - simple cdrom/dvd symlinking
> - arch specific group settings
> - symlinking devices in /dev probably coming from devfs style
>  im not sure about all of them
>
> One note about udev-127:
> - Our default rules moved to /lib/udev/rules.d/ .
> - /etc/udev/rules.d is also parsed for user specific udev files and will be
>  loaded before the default rules.
> - If you have rules with the same name, /etc/udev/rules.d/ willl be loaded and
>  the system default will be ignored.
>
> If we start moving udev to testing, we should rebuild other packages to move
> the rules to the new system default directory, but it will not break anything
> because the old directory is parsed too.
>
> If you want to test udev-127 grab it from here:
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~tpowa/udev/

Gah, please don't do this. I had lots of changes locally and you knew
I was in the process of updating this and changing things due to all
the emails I had going around.... I had a local build with all these
changes already,...

This just made all the work I did (and was doing) moot and duplicated.
Next time please contact me. The web interface does indicate it is my
package and it is known that I was working on it...