[arch-dev-public] Grub splashimage

Thayer Williams thayerw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 14:16:56 EST 2008

> On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 11:13 -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>> As I said, I'm neutral on this. It kinda flies in the face of the
>> minimal patches idea, but grub is pretty much all patches these days.

I would support this move as well, so long as:

1.) The splash can be disabled; or
2.) It doesn't cause weird output during shutdown/reboot

I woud just as soon have a blank screen until the login prompt is
ready--I already use 'quiet' on the kernel line just to suppress some
of the noise.  Though it *is* nice to fall back on when something goes
wrong.