[arch-dev-public] Web based signoffs

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 13:56:09 EST 2008

2008/12/9 Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:
> Am Dienstag 09 Dezember 2008 19:36:14 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>> On this note:
>> Dusty added web-based signoffs to our dev site a while back
>> https://dev.archlinux.org/packages/signoffs/
>>
>> Could we please take a look at this to determine if we need anything
>> else to begin using this? If you guys want, I'm sure I could even
>> automate something to move signed off packages to the real repo
>> automatically...
>
> I don't think its very usable atm. Some points to improve this:
>
> * Only show up core packages (atm every package in testing is shown)

I can do this and try to add an additional interface where people can
request a specific package from extra also be signed off when
required.

> * Send a message to the ml once a new package is added to testing (or updated)
> * Send a message to the ml once a package has enough sign-offs

This is silly. What's the point of web based signoffs if you're going
to fill your inbox anyway? I can add a summary to the dashboard if you
aren't accustomed to actually looking at the signoff page. If you
don't look at the dashboard then... well my work here is done.

> * don't move automaticaly; there might be good reasons to keep packages longer

Maybe a one click move action in the signoffs page?

Dusty