[arch-dev-public] [arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.27.9-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Dec 15 06:13:29 EST 2008

Tom K schrieb:
> No package owns them. They're being produced by depmod since the 3.5
> update of module-init-tools.
>
> I could be wrong, but I think the kernel is the only package that calls
> depmod in the build function - other packages that need depmod call it
> in post_install, which is why these files are not owned.

That is okay. We call depmod in the PKGBUILD so kernel26 will own those
files and they will be properly uninstalled when the kernel is removed
or updated.

After the m-i-t 3.5 update, those .bin files were generated on your
system, but were not contained in the kernel package yet. The new
package is generated with the new m-i-t, thus contains them. We have to
force-upgrade that one so pacman will again be able to track those files
and delete them when appropriate.