[arch-dev-public] [arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.27.9-1

RedShift redshift at pandora.be
Mon Dec 15 15:56:43 EST 2008

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:41 PM, RedShift <redshift at pandora.be> wrote:
>> Why not solve it the right way, by creating a correct package?
>
> I think you're missing why this is impossible. Anyone that has m-i-t
> 3.5 on their system now has the .bin files that are owned by no
> package. pacman correctly does not overwrite these files.
>
> What "correct package" are you suggesting?

Yeah I was missing why this is impossible, I thought tpowa was including some files by accident and opted to forgo the whole build upload signoff release cycle for this minor change. But I wasn't fully understanding what was going on with module-init-tools untill I re-read the thread, so you can ignore me. My bad.

Glenn