[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.28-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Dec 27 08:21:45 EST 2008

Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
> Hi guys, new kernel adresses the following things:
> - bump to latest major version
> - atl2 moved into mainline kernel
> - wlan-ng26 moved into staging directory of kernel development
> - for the cool stuff please refer to:
>   http://kernelnewbies.org
>
> please signoff for both arches
>
> all binary modules have been rebuilt too, please test if they work properly.
>
> greetings
> tpowa

I am opposed to the deprecated
CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY=y
option in the configuration. With this option, the wireless
configuration (cfg80211) uses the hardcoded limited regulatory
information that is inside the kernel. Without this option, we can use
crda to supply this information (a working PKGBUILD is in crda/trunk).
The wireless guys only keep this option around "because distributions
don't ship crda".