[arch-dev-public] Release timelines
t.powa at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 10:07:57 EST 2008
Am Montag, 18. Februar 2008 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> On Feb 18, 2008 1:52 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 18, 2008 1:49 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Feb 14, 2008 3:22 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>
> > > > 2008/2/14, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> > > > > On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Roman Kyrylych
> > > > >
> > > > > <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > You've forgot http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6350 (and see my
> > > > > > last comment there as well).
> > > > >
> > > > > Hrm, is this critical? Maybe someone else (Thomas?) can bump the
> > > > > package or something, I dunno, but I'm kinda out of time for the
> > > > > day 8)
> > > >
> > > > Not critical, I've just posted it as a hint for anyone who wanna do
> > > > this ;-) (I don't have access to Core AFAIR).
> > >
> > > I was gone for 4 days and not one person signed off?
> > I built it for i686, so you have my signoff. I don't think the bug
> > above is absolutely critical, although it would be good to fix in the
> > next release.
> I was under the impression tpowa wanted these (filesystem and
> initscripts packages) out quickly so that we could release a new ISO.
> However, this appears to not be the case.
> tpowa could you please keep us informed of the release timeline you
> have? No one is really sure when the next ISO is going to crop up
> right now, so I'm sure no one cared enough to even glance at the
> packages I tried to get out before I flew out of town. If this was not
> pertinent, I would have waited to build them until I got home and
> saved myself the headache.
> When are you planning on building the next ISO?
ok guys, im quite busy at the moment i summarize here my plans for the new
- Release a new kernel with some other fixes i have prepared
- Move in some packages from TESTING:
- netcfg ? status of new netcfg?
- e2fsprogs (possible bump before?)
- xfsprogs (possible bump before?)
- filesystem 2008.02
- initscripts 2008.02? is there a new version expected?
- perl ? status on this task?
your thoughts on the packages in TESTING?
any other thoughts that might stop us?
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
tpowa at archlinux.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the arch-dev-public