[arch-dev-public] Release timelines

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:44:26 EST 2008

On Feb 20, 2008 9:07 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> ok guys, im quite busy at the moment i summarize here my plans for the new
> ISO:

Could you possibly give me a time as to when you'd like this all done?
It will affect how I attack the initscripts thing.

> - filesystem 2008.02
In testing now... still only like one signoff, so I guess I could bump
it to kill the /var/lock FR

> - initscripts 2008.02? is there a new version expected?
See the "super experimental" thread. I have pkgrel=0 up there, but
they are broken right now (hence the experimental part). Tonight I
will probably work on it, but there is one critical question:
Do you know when we will get a new udev with the 'udevadm' binary in
it? If it is in a current version, and we just haven't bumped it, I
can take care of it (I have load-modules speedups incoming to testing,
maybe tonight).

- Aaron