[arch-dev-public] Release timelines

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:19:15 EST 2008

2008/2/20, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de>:
> Hi
>  ok guys, im quite busy at the moment i summarize here my plans for the new
>  ISO:
>
>  - Release a new kernel with some other fixes i have prepared
>
>  - Move in some packages from TESTING:
>  - openswan
>  - rp-pppoe
>  - netcfg ? status of new netcfg?
>  - capi4kutils
>  - e2fsprogs (possible bump before?)
>  - xfsprogs (possible bump before?)
>  - grub
>  - device-mapper
>  - tiacx
>  - filesystem 2008.02
>  - initscripts 2008.02? is there a new version expected?
>  - perl ? status on this task?
>
>  your thoughts on the packages in TESTING?
>
>  any other thoughts that might stop us?

grub-0.97-10 needs some fixes as Andy mentioned,
e2fsprogs-1.40.5-2 wasn't signed-off yet,
filesystem needs a /var/lock fix as Aaron already mentioned,
initscripts needs a functions.d/* fix + udev-related changes I guess,
also see FS#9122 (ex FS#7699),
and I don't know what to do with FS#7574, I guess some testing in
virtual machine is needed as I don't use lilo for a long time (could
some dev who uses lilo help with this?)

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)