[arch-dev-public] abs split and changes (was: Status questions)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 15:55:26 EST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 2:30 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2008 2:27 PM, eliott <eliott at cactuswax.net> wrote:
> > 2. ABS move to rsync.
> >  There was some talk regarding moving ABS away from cvsup, towards a
> > more generalized scm agnostic solution such as rsync. I had a proof of
> > concept abs implementation using rsync functional, and sent patches to
> > *someone* (memory is foggy..maybe it was Dan?). Is this still
> > something on the general todo list?
>
> You sent patches to me. Last status report I mentioned that we're
> waiting for 3.1 as it should split out abs into a new package,
> allowing us to make these changes at the same time.

http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=abs.git;a=summary
git clone git://projects.archlinux.org/abs.git abs

Anyone want to take this on? It really isn't a high maintenance thing.
It has been split into its own repository now, and anyone can take it
and run with Eliott's idea (which I'll give a +1). It really shouldn't
be too much of a burden on anyone, and you get that awesome feeling of
leading a project (even if it is small!). I'm willing to help out, but
my "full-time" duties will always tend to be with pacman so this might
not get as much love from me as someone else could give it.

-Dan