[arch-dev-public] [arch-commits] CVS update of extra/multimedia/miro (ChangeLog PKGBUILD)

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:11:40 EST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 7:20 PM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for pointing this out. I actually committed the ChangeLog by
> accident, and looks like something good came out of it..I assume were
> supposed to commit the ChangeLog now,( based on what travis had to say)?
> I'll switch to more conventional log entry style next time, no problem.

Yes. The TUs are doing a lot better job at it than us, I think. But
there's no "official word" on it. I'd say please commit them if you
can, especially on packages that make large changes each version bump.
It's nice for the end users (and me).

That said, it IS just a plain text file and you can always put "LOL
CHANGELOGS SUX" in the file if you want, but we've discussed a
standard format somewhere:
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-December/010506.html
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7231

I'd prefer the format I used in cmus, though it appears as thought I
forgot leading whitespace