[arch-dev-public] dependency rebuilds

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 18:36:26 EST 2008

On Dec 30, 2007 11:37 PM, Paul Mattal <paul at mattal.com> wrote:
> 1) the package y maintainer(s) notices package x in testing and rebuilds
> package y
>
> 2) the package x maintainer(s) is responsible to find all packages y and
> rebuilds all such packages y against the new package x

There's a middle-ground here which I like, myself.
1.5)  the package x maintainer(s) is responsible to find all packages
y and posts a todo list on the dashboard

I like this method, but at the same time, it requires one to
constantly scan the todo lists to see if a package of yours is there.

Do we have any other options, or is it just there 2 (3) ?

I'd prefer to go with "easiest" in these cases, because some of these
rebuilds can be big.