[arch-dev-public] qt4 timeframe? stoppers? breaks? anything in the wheels?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 19:31:23 EST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 6:24 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 4. Januar 2008 00:38:55 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> > I think one of the pending things is a german translation.
> Afaik Matthias is working on this. I'll ask him if there is still some work to
> do.
> > Also,
> > testing is always appreciated. Both of these things will help get
> > pacman out the door faster, and both of them you could help with, if
> > you're waiting on it.
> If translation are the only showstoppers atm. I would suggest to just put it
> into [testing]. Translations do not need to be perfect when testing pacman
> and it would not hurt if some outputs are still in english.
> If there are no critical bugs which might mess up your system it would be nice
> to see pacman 3.1 in [testing].

I've had a pacman-git repo for some time where people can test it out,
and we still have some install issues to work out, unless we don't
care about wiping people's abs conf files (in all seriousness, do

In addition to that, once I make a release, it is a *release*. Meaning
I make tarballs, solidify the lib so number, etc. So "dropping it into
testing" works the same as any other package- I can't just update it
there every day willy-nilly when people find issues, which is why I
want them ironed out before I release 3.1.0.


More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list