[arch-dev-public] [signoff] libgpg-error 1.6-1 + libgcrypt-1.4.0-1

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Fri Jan 4 12:21:21 EST 2008

Am Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:28:49 -0600
schrieb "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:

> I'd test.. but I have no idea what these libs do and/or are for. What
> test did you perform?

Libgcrypt is a general purpose cryptographic library based on the code
from GnuPG. It provides functions for all cryptographic building
blocks: symmetric ciphers, hash algorithms, MACs, public key
algorithms, large integer functions, random numbers and a lot of
supporting functions.

Libgpg-error is helper library used by a couple of other projects to
provide a common set of error codes and descriptions.

I haven't done any deep testing. I'm happy that lddd didn't report any
broken linking. I took these packages just to prevent that they are not
orphaned. If we have somebody who knows them better tell me.

For my system:

[root at workstation64 andyrtr]# env LANG=C pacman -Qi libgpg-error libgcrypt | grep Required
Required By    : dirmngr  gpgme  libgcrypt  libksba
Required By    : cryptsetup  dirmngr  gnupg2  libnetworkmanager libxslt

Test any of these packages and tell me if you find something broken.