[arch-dev-public] [signoff] libgpg-error 1.6-1 + libgcrypt-1.4.0-1

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:22:02 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 11:21 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> Am Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:28:49 -0600
> schrieb "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> > I'd test.. but I have no idea what these libs do and/or are for. What
> > test did you perform?
> http://www.gnupg.org/related_software/libraries.en.html
> libgcrypt
> Libgcrypt is a general purpose cryptographic library based on the code
> from GnuPG. It provides functions for all cryptographic building
> blocks: symmetric ciphers, hash algorithms, MACs, public key
> algorithms, large integer functions, random numbers and a lot of
> supporting functions.
> libgpg-error
> Libgpg-error is helper library used by a couple of other projects to
> provide a common set of error codes and descriptions.
> I haven't done any deep testing. I'm happy that lddd didn't report any
> broken linking. I took these packages just to prevent that they are not
> orphaned. If we have somebody who knows them better tell me.
> For my system:
> [root at workstation64 andyrtr]# env LANG=C pacman -Qi libgpg-error libgcrypt | grep Required
> Required By    : dirmngr  gpgme  libgcrypt  libksba
> Required By    : cryptsetup  dirmngr  gnupg2  libnetworkmanager libxslt
> Test any of these packages and tell me if you find something broken.

So...we have some issues here, and this got moved to core. I wanted to
surprised to see not a single signoff for i686. Why on earth did this
get moved out of testing?

Usually I don't like to point fingers at a single person, but we had a
clear breakdown of policy here, and its hard to spread the blame.