[arch-dev-public] libgpod update and corresponding rebuilds

Daniel Isenmann daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Mon Jan 7 13:08:06 EST 2008

Hi,

I would like to update libgpod to version 0.6.0, because the new
library supports the new ipod models. I think every ipod user with
a new model would be happy about it.

Now there must be some rebuilds for it. I plan to put the packages in
testing first. Following packages depends on libgpod:

gtkpod
amarok-base
kipi-plugins
rhythmbox

gtkpod, rhythmbox and kipi-plugins are no problems. I have rebuild them
locally without problems. amarok-base (version 1.4.7-2) is in testing
right now, but in CVS version 1.4.8 is commited. Should I just bump
amarok to 1.4.8 in testing, together with amarok-engine-xine?

Damir can you tell me more information on it?

Thanks, Daniel