[arch-dev-public] FW: New extra package: gnucash

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu Jan 10 02:20:26 EST 2008

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Mark Schneider [mailto:queueram at gmail.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 10 januari 2008 7:31
Aan: Jan de Groot; Aaron Griffin
Onderwerp: Re: [arch-dev-public] New extra package: gnucash

On Jan 9, 2008 11:01 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 10:54 -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > 4. I was waiting for the next release for this, but the scrollkeeper
> > dep has been replaced by rarian
>
> Ah, you mean removal of scrollkeeper-update statements from the .install
> file, removing scrollkeeper/rarian from dependencies and adding
> gnome-doc-utils>=0.12.0 to makedepends ;)
> There's no reason to have rarian installed if you don't have a help
> viewer installed. Currently, yelp is the only scrollkeeper help viewer
> and depends on rarian.

You seem to know more about this than i do!

Ok, i've stripped out all the scrollkeeper from gnucash and updated
the gnucash-docs package (should these have been merged?  they are
separate .tar.gz sources, so i've just made them separate packages),
and updated the version to 2.2.3.  I also removed the aqbanking
dependency.  Before that, i checked to see if you could build gnucash
with aqbanking, but not have it listed as a dependency, and it ran
fine.  It had the internet banking options in the Tools menu if it
found aqbanking, or removed it if it could not.  However, since
something is still the matter with aqbanking or with where gnucash
expects it to be (it gives an error message indicating that it cannot
locate some aqbanking utility when clicking through the wizard), i
just removed it entirely.  There were some users in the past that used
it, however.

Anyway, new PKGBUILDs and .install files are up in AUR.  I've got the
old ones around if you want to compare.

NOTE: slib is still a problem.  without some crazy workarounds,
gnucash won't build properly with anything after slib-3a1.

Again, please forward this on to the mailing list for reference.

Regards,
Mark