[arch-dev-public] FW: New extra package: gnucash

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:25:08 EST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 1:20 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> I also removed the aqbanking
> dependency.  Before that, i checked to see if you could build gnucash
> with aqbanking, but not have it listed as a dependency, and it ran
> fine.  It had the internet banking options in the Tools menu if it
> found aqbanking, or removed it if it could not.  However, since
> something is still the matter with aqbanking or with where gnucash
> expects it to be (it gives an error message indicating that it cannot
> locate some aqbanking utility when clicking through the wizard), i
> just removed it entirely.  There were some users in the past that used
> it, however.

Great! Ok, so to see if I have this right, aqbanking can be enabled
without the package installed, and it works fine unless you use the
aqbanking wizard?

I'd almost be fine with that, and a post-install/post-upgrade message
to that effect ("Install aqbanking from unsupported"), assuming I did
grasp all that right.

If this is the case, and aqbanking is gone from the deps, do I get the
+1s back again, heh?

> Anyway, new PKGBUILDs and .install files are up in AUR.  I've got the
> old ones around if you want to compare.
>
> NOTE: slib is still a problem.  without some crazy workarounds,
> gnucash won't build properly with anything after slib-3a1.

Yeah, and even worse is my trying to upgrade goffice at the same time.
Yay breakage! Don't worry though, I'll get it

PS This is a huge amount of discussion for this package. It's kinda neat.