[arch-dev-public] Logo inside packages

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:01:54 EST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 9:31 AM, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2008 10:23 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2008/1/14, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>:
> > > See previous thread:
> > > http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2007-November/002840.html
> > >

> > My subjective summary:
> > http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2007-November/002975.html
>
> I recall that thread, now that you mention it... I thought I sounded
> off during that discussion but it looks like I kept silent.
>
> I brought it up again since we've got the new logo on the site now,
> and people are making noise on the forums to get the kernel logo
> updated.  People are just hard to please, heh. :P
>
> Anyway, a decision should be made - either take 'em out, or update 'em.

Well, Thayer has recommended we remove it because the logo loses most
of the effect in the craptacular colors provided by the initial VGA
framebuffer.... me, I'm neutral. I don't reboot enough for that image
to be relevant.

I *do* think that we should remove the custom splash screens from
apps, but I also believe the decision is up to the maintainers of the
apps themselves.