[arch-dev-public] [Fwd: New nvidia legacy package needed]

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Jan 18 01:38:22 EST 2008

I just received this E-Mail from a user. This needs, instead of 2, we
now need 3 nvidia legacy packages for i686. Can anyone find a source for
this?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: New nvidia legacy package needed
Datum: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 01:57:39 +0100
Von: Andrea Cimitan <andrea.cimitan at gmail.com>
An: thomas at archlinux.org

I've just pointed out that 100.14.xx will be the latest nvidia drivers
to support non-SSE cpu (so like Athlon Thunderbird, Classic, AMD Duron,
Pentium III, etc etc).
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1522860&postcount=10

This is why the driver in testing (169.07) is making my pc
crash/freeze :) (it is nvidia fault not yours...)

So a new -legacy driver is needed before killing PCs with 167.xx drivers
series :D

Regards