[arch-dev-public] Kernel framebuffer logo

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Jan 24 19:12:40 EST 2008

Am Freitag, 25. Januar 2008 01:00:31 schrieb Damir Perisa:
> we ARE having the arch logo in the kernel replacing the linux 2.0
> pinguin (i made it). so i'm not getting the point in discussing if we
> want it or not. its just that somebody has to transform the new logo
> to the kernel-usable formats and rebuild the kernel. quite easy if
> you have the logo in good enough quality (or svg).

My opinion here: Just do it. I fyou know how to format the logo, just sent it
to tpowa and/or commit it into cvs.

If people have problems with the logo, they could disable framebuffer mode
(which is disabled by default anyway) or set the correct mode for their
screen.

Anyway: there are many other places where you could find our old logo. Such as
KDE, OpenOffice etc.. I think we should replace them at first; any discussion
if we should probably remove them can be done later. But now everything
should be consistent.

If needed I could help in creating such graphics.

Pierre

--
archlinux.de