[arch-dev-public] Kernel framebuffer logo

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Jan 24 19:12:40 EST 2008

Am Freitag, 25. Januar 2008 01:00:31 schrieb Damir Perisa:
> we ARE having the arch logo in the kernel replacing the linux 2.0
> pinguin (i made it). so i'm not getting the point in discussing if we
> want it or not. its just that somebody has to transform the new logo
> to the kernel-usable formats and rebuild the kernel. quite easy if
> you have the logo in good enough quality (or svg).

My opinion here: Just do it. I fyou know how to format the logo, just sent it
to tpowa and/or commit it into cvs.

If people have problems with the logo, they could disable framebuffer mode
(which is disabled by default anyway) or set the correct mode for their

Anyway: there are many other places where you could find our old logo. Such as
KDE, OpenOffice etc.. I think we should replace them at first; any discussion
if we should probably remove them can be done later. But now everything
should be consistent.

If needed I could help in creating such graphics.