[arch-dev-public] Kernel framebuffer logo

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:13:54 EST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 8:10 PM, Thayer Williams <thayerw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thursday 24 January 2008, Damir Perisa wrote:
> > we ARE having the arch logo in the kernel replacing the linux 2.0
> > pinguin (i made it). so i'm not getting the point in discussing if we
> > want it or not. its just that somebody has to transform the new logo
> > to the kernel-usable formats and rebuild the kernel. quite easy if
> > you have the logo in good enough quality (or svg).
> >

> My apologies Damir, I wasn't aware that a final decision had been made
> yet.

To be clear here, Damir overstepped his bounds. No final decision was made

But, more to the point, after re-reading this, I would like to say this:

Meh

I just don't really care that much about the logo. I see if for all of
3 seconds about once a week, but 'wc -l' on this thread is larger than
the discussion of the Mozilla /usr move. Priorities are awesome,
aren't they?

It's easier to remove the logo anyway, so lets just add it for now. If
it looks assy, we can remove it later. It's not really a big deal.