[arch-dev-public] Kernel framebuffer logo

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Fri Jan 25 12:54:16 EST 2008

Friday 25 January 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
 | On Jan 24, 2008 8:10 PM, Thayer Williams <thayerw at gmail.com> wrote:
 | > Thursday 24 January 2008, Damir Perisa wrote:
 | > > we ARE having the arch logo in the kernel replacing the linux
 | > > 2.0 pinguin (i made it). so i'm not getting the point in
 | > > discussing if we want it or not. its just that somebody has to
 | > > transform the new logo to the kernel-usable formats and
 | > > rebuild the kernel. quite easy if you have the logo in good
 | > > enough quality (or svg).
 | >
 | > My apologies Damir, I wasn't aware that a final decision had
 | > been made yet.
 |
 | To be clear here, Damir overstepped his bounds. No final decision
 | was made

i did not decide anything. the logo was in the kernel26 pkg replacing
the penguin since years. i was just stating that, as we have another,
new official logo that we decided on, we should replace the old with
the new anyway now. THEN we can discuss matters of removing things
and adding things and changing anything.

hostility goes up, motivation down

have a nice evening

- D

--