[arch-dev-public] [signoff] man 1.6f-2 and groff 1.19.2-4

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 06:58:19 EST 2008

2008/1/30, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> These two come as one nice little change, as they both need to go to
> core at the same time.
>
> * man 1.6f-2
>     Build with FHS compliance.
>     Remove the default latin1 output, let the groff decide the charset
> Ref: http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-January/004177.html
>
> * groff 1.19.2-4
>     Fix the output in utf8 mode so characters match those we can actually type
> Ref: http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-January/004223.html

After some testing done by me and sergej (our Russian TU)
we've come to conclusion that nroff (or groff) doesn't work well for
Cyrillic UTF-8 characters.
See http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7477#comment24205
But it doesn't seem that new groff and man packages don't make it
worse (special NROFF in man.conf was required before anyway).
So it's a sign-off from me.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)