[arch-dev-public] colour Kernel framebuffer logo

Thayer Williams thayerw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:14:50 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008  3:24 PM PST, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa at solnet.ch> wrote:
> Saturday 26 January 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>  | Uh, hold the phone here. I thought we explicitly brought Thayer on
>  | as our resident graphics guy.
>
> he might be the graphics guy, i just took his logo and pre-packed it
> for the kernel26 pkg. no manipulation on the logo itself and the
> technical process is only technical, not at all artistic.

Manipulation is required however to remove the artifacts and ensure
minimal loss of detail.  It is for this reason that I have remade the
color framebuffer logo.  Both versions may be downloaded here:

http://dev.archlinux.org/~thayer/art/kernel/

As mentioned before, we are not compiling the kernel with support for the
vga16 or monochrome versions, but I have included a white logo for these
formats in case we do so at a later time.

Cheers